Spot filter

suggest a way to improve Neat Video
mediapod`

Spot filter

Post by mediapod` »

I've been working with Neat to clean up this old tape footage and the results have been fantastic - the only snag is these spots that pop up occasionally in the video - temporal smoothing misses them, or ends up with messy footage and the normal noise redux does nothing either - any chance of some kind of spot removal option? or any suggestions as to how to fix this?
See image - infront of head - black spot
Thanks
Rob

NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I have added this feature suggestion to the wish list, thank you!

You may want to try "dust & scratches" or something like "removedirt" avisynth filter to remove those spots.

Hope this helps.
Vlad
Lyris

Post by Lyris »

Vlad: I would love a dirt and scratch removal filter too. Often we receive telecine'd film trailers which are badly scratched. The available scratch removal filters for AviSynth are poorly documented (hey, they're free) and create a lot of artefacts. Since these are only trailers, we can't really invest in an expensive commercial DVNR device just for them.

I know how difficult this is to get right though... but I would love to see some sort of dirt and scratch removal product (I'd pay much more than the cost of NeatVideo for it) or even a feature within NV, based on the outstanding quality of your noise reduction algorithms.