Neat Video community Forum Index
www.neatvideo.com
Neat Video community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does profiling then downsizing a video affect the filtration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spatry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Does profiling then downsizing a video affect the filtration Reply with quote

Hi,

I own a full hd camcorder but most of the time I render 960x540 or 720x405 videos because of speed... and that most people (including myself) don't own yet a HD tv... That being said, can I filter my raw 1920x1080p video to create a good profile, resize to something lower than 720x??? and then apply the profile? Will that be a problem? The idea here is I don't want to buy the pro version at double price if I don't need to...

I tried to resize first and then profile the clip... but I don't seem to be getting the same quality in profile.

Thanks!
Sylvain
NVTeam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Does profiling then downsizing a video affect the filtra Reply with quote

spatry wrote:
Hi,

I own a full hd camcorder but most of the time I render 960x540 or 720x405 videos because of speed... and that most people (including myself) don't own yet a HD tv... That being said, can I filter my raw 1920x1080p video to create a good profile, resize to something lower than 720x??? and then apply the profile? Will that be a problem?

A profile for 1920x1080 will only be accurate for 1920x1080 frames. Using it for frames of other sizes will lead to less accurate filtration. The correct solution is to build a 720x??? profile using a 720x??? frame.

spatry wrote:
I tried to resize first and then profile the clip... but I don't seem to be getting the same quality in profile.

That is much less of a problem then using a profile for another resolution.

Vlad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: