Neat Video community Forum Index
www.neatvideo.com
Neat Video community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Removing noise from vhs video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerald Sr.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Removing noise from vhs video Reply with quote

I've been trying to remove noise from a vhs tape with no success. What am I doing wrong.
1. Radius is 2 frames, and threshold is 0
2. Adaptive is check
3. I brought up a frame and clicked apply, it came up 68%
4. I'm using advanced settings
5. I went over to the right hand side and adjusted the following settings:
noise filter settings, noise reduction, and sharpening
6. Here is where I'm confused: Do I clicked on apply or go to recent preset and click on remove all noise
I notice that when I choose remove all noise, all the settings that I had made before changes automatically. Why did that happen?

Gerald Sr.
NVTeam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will comment about some points:

3. please make sure you correctly build a noise profile in this step; do not just switch from the Device Noise Profile tab to the Noise Filter Settings tab, build a new noise profile using Auto Profile (in this page about Neat Image, please see the step 3, it explains how to build a noise profile); please remember that properly-built noise profile is necessary for accurate filtration, an incorrect profile may lead to no filtration or overfiltration;

5 and 6. when you load a filter preset (like the "remove all noise" preset), Neat Video sets all filter settings according to that filter preset; a filter preset contains a set of specific filter settings; if you load a filter preset, all current filter settings in the Noise Filter Settings tab are replaced with those from the preset;

Hope this helps,
Vlad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: