Incredible Product-User manual requires a bit of work.

suggest a way to improve Neat Video
RAYWEB

Incredible Product-User manual requires a bit of work.

Post by RAYWEB »

This product has reduced low light video noise in an amazing way, but
there are some bugs using it with Premiere Pro 1.51 on a Matrox RT.x100
system. Computer freezes often, timelime indicator freezes, though the
video plays in the sequence box. And there are other anomalies.

The selected area for analysis is almost always too small to analyse, can the manual approach use several areas for analysis in the frame? The
problem is that the manual is so complicated I cant really follow it. Not
unlike Premiere when I bought 3 books years ago to learn it. I got
the Abobe Bundle 2 months ago with the Matrox card , which includes
Premiere,Audition, After Effects, and Encore DVD. Well not for nothing
I still cant figure out Encore and have given up keeping with
an old copy of DVD workshop!

I bought the product and I believe that there is nothing in this world
that has the capabilities of this filter. Not even close. I will review this
product in the matrox forums when I get better at using it. That will bring in a lot of business for you guys, all I ask is help with using it.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Thank you for the constructive feedback.

Yes, this is the first version of the product and its user guide can surely be improved. We will try to make it better.

Yes, "too small to analyze" may be common with small frame sizes. At the momemt, this is a strict requirement which applies in both automatic and manual mode. We will consider relaxing this requirement to let you select a tradeoff between selection size and quality of noise analysis (and consequently, quality of noise reduction).

Regarding anomalies in Premiere Pro, I would appreciate if you let me know more details about all such issues so that we could try to reproduce these effects and address the corresponding issues. Please feel free to contact me directly (support (at) neatvideo.com) or here in the forum.

Thank you very much,
Vlad
Timo

Post by Timo »

I do not agree with RAYWEB when he says that the manual is too complicated. I think the manual describes the basic things quite well. What I need is more video-related information. Especillay, the Neat Video Configuration dialog is not explained at all in the manual. What kind of the temporal filter is used? How does the threshold affect? Is the temporal filtering applied before or after the noise filter?

It should also be emphasized that the temporal filter is on by default. Actually, it took a week for me to realize that the Radius setting "1" does not mean "Process a single frame" (It says Radius, I know now ...).

Minor error in the manual: The Profile Viewer figure in the manual contains ISO information.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Timo,

Thank you for the comments. Yes, the subsection about Neat Video Configuration (page 16) is a bit short and could be improved. We will try to clarify the things you have mentioned and fix that screenshot error.

Kind regards,
Vlad