Keyboard support in select frame for vdub filter

suggest a way to improve Neat Video
Maccara

Keyboard support in select frame for vdub filter

Post by Maccara »

Hi,

One suggestion - please enable keyboard navigation with 'select a frame for analysis' as it is with vdub (i.e. arrows & modifiers, like Alt for 50 frames at a time etc).

It is a painful process clicking with a mouse one frame at a time, especially on a long video file to get to a desired position to do an analysis of a frame.

At least it is not working with vdub v1.6.19 at the moment.

(of course, even better would be to have a "scanner" which would pre-scan for candidate frames to analyze, but it hasn't been implemented for the last couple of revisions, so at least please make navigation less painful)
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Yes, thank you for the suggestion, we will certainly try to support at least keyboard navigation.

Thank you!
Vlad
Maccara

Post by Maccara »

Thank you for the reply.

I've had a long session of editing and was forced to seek some solutions to this (got a bit too frustrated about the clickety-click slowness).

Found out that some other filters, which have a similar preview window, allow keyboard navigation, so at least we know it is doable in standard vdub.

Furthermore, I found a workaround which allows me to complete the job at hand. Using vdubmod v1.5.4.1 allows using keyboard in neatvideo preview window also. Unfortunately it has other issues which prevent me fully utilizing it for the full processing, but at least I can now prepare neatvideo settings a bit more comfortably and then just load the settings I made in vdubmod in vdub.