Neat Video community Forum Index
www.neatvideo.com
Neat Video community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AVI-files sizes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Millium

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: AVI-files sizes Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm new to Neat Video, and have purchased the plug-in for After Effects.
Last night I used the NV on a AVI-file of approx. 30 minutes (6,5Gb)
It took the night to finish, but I went to sleep Very Happy
The file that was rendered out of After Effects had grown to 54Gb.
Is this normal, and what settings in the plug-in have influence on the file size?
NVTeam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The output file size depends only on the settings of output codec. If you use a lossless codec then the output file may be very large, if you use a codec with some compression then the file size will be reasonable.

Please note that NV takes no part in that compression of the output file. NV settings and output compression codec's settings are completely independent. To manage the output file size you have to adjust the output compression settings in AE and used codec.

Hope this helps,
Vlad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: