NV 4.5 Plug for VegasPro 13

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
Grazie

NV 4.5 Plug for VegasPro 13

Post by Grazie »

I am very pleased with the overall competence of this new 4.5 Update. I was especially excited to see the addition of the Performance Tools.

However, after using the Performance tools, the VEG file can not be saved and when I try to reopen it, it can't be located.

Please advise.

Is this a known bug?

Best regards

Grazie
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Could you please clarify what you means by "Performance tools"?
Please also describe your workflow in more details.

Thank you,
Vlad
Grazie

Post by Grazie »

Hello Vlad! - Long time since we chatted. ':wink:'

Enjoying the improved features of 4.5, and exploring the possibilities.

The Performance Tools

OK, I can Repro this error.

1/- If I open the VEG directly from where it resides in its Folder, I can then USE the NV Performance Tools including the Troubleshooting section, Save and Close without errors.

2/- If I open the VEG from my the POPUP Menu from my VP13 Toolbar Icon, USE NV the Performance Tools including the Troubleshooting section, I get errors AND afterwards I can no longer ACCESS through the POPUP Menu from my VP13 Toolbar Icon - it's gone AWOL. And yes, it HAS been removed from the Folder only leaving the BAK and TMP Veg versions remaining.

To recap, using NeatVideo Performance Tools:

A/- Open Veg From Folder, no Errors on closing Veg.
B/- Open Veg Via POPUP Menu from my VP13 Toolbar Icon, Errors on closing Veg.

Using a TEST.veg could somebody see if they can or can't repro this? Do make sure you use ALL the Performance tools including the Troubleshooting ones and the "Time" testing tool.

NB: All other Veg Projects opened via POPUP Menu from my VP13 Toolbar Icon work fine.

Thanks.
Grazie

Post by Grazie »

Ugh, Vlad . . . I can get this SAVE error in either way I open the VEG file.

Any advice would be greatly welcomed.

Grazie
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Thank you for describing this in more details.

Please note that the Performance panel has been present in Neat Video Preferences since v3.0. That is not something new in v4.5.
Did you observe such a problem with Vegas with previous versions when using tools in the Performance panel? Or you didn't try to use them earlier?

Regarding the problem itself. That seems to be something not reported before. We did not observe such a problem ourselves. We will try to reproduce it by following the steps you described.

Please also let me know if you have User Account Control (UAC) enabled in Windows.

Please also check if disabling GPU support (in GPU troubleshooting dialog) changes the outcome of the save problem (and restarting Vegas).

Thank you,
Vlad
Grazie

Post by Grazie »

NVTeam wrote:Please note that the Performance panel has been present in Neat Video Preferences since v3.0. That is not something new in v4.5.
Did you observe such a problem with Vegas with previous versions when using tools in the Performance panel?
No. I'm certain I would have reported it?

BUT I had to update my NVIDIA Driver to raise CUDA from CUDA6 to CUDA8. Could that be doing it?

I'll get onto the UAE thing. Is that Administration Rights? I'll also check the GPU On/Off too.

Thanks for your assistance.
Grazie

Post by Grazie »

NVTeam wrote:Please also let me know if you have User Account Control (UAC) enabled in Windows.
Yes, yes I do. It is set to :

NVTeam wrote:Please also check if disabling GPU support (in GPU troubleshooting dialog) changes the outcome of the save problem (and restarting Vegas).
Yes, disabling GPU support (in GPU troubleshooting dialog) saves without issues.

NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

We have been trying to reproduce this but so far Vegas and Neat Video work correctly on our machines.

Please check the disks: whether there is enough free space on each of the disks in your computer; also check the file structure using "Check Now" in properties of the disk (or using chkdsk).

Also, please check if there is any problem if you use the following setup:
1. Open Vegas and create an empty project, add any clip and then Neat Video to it;
2. Open Neat Video, enable GPU in Neat Video Preferences and optimize settings;
3. Apply changes and close Vegas without saving the current project;
4. Re-open Vegas and try to reproduce the problem of saving the project but do not use any of the settings in Preferences > Performance tab in this process.

Will the problem be reproducible this way?

Thank you,
Vlad
Grazie

Post by Grazie »

I have plenty of space.
NVTeam wrote: Also, please check if there is any problem if you use the following setup:
1. Open Vegas and create an empty project, add any clip and then Neat Video to it;
2. Open Neat Video, enable GPU in Neat Video Preferences and optimize settings;
3. Apply changes and close Vegas without saving the current project;
4. Re-open Vegas and try to reproduce the problem of saving the project but do not use any of the settings in Preferences > Performance tab in this process.

Will the problem be reproducible this way?
No. I have done your 4 step procedure which is basically:

Step 1 - NV Optimize Setup and no VEG Save

Step 2 - Reopen and THEN work on NV > Veg Save

I don't get the issues as before.

Is this itemized in your tutorials? Not to mix the Trouble Shooting Procedure and THEN work and THEN save the VEG file? This would be the natural way for this User to work.

Tell me Vlad, can you repro the results I was reporting using Troubleshoot, commencing working in Vegas and THEN saving the VEG file?

Thank you Vlad,

Grazie

NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

No, we could not reproduce the problem on our computer.

That is not something common, that seems to be some kind of fault specific to your computer, installation of Vegas, Neat Video or drivers.

Vlad
Grazie

Post by Grazie »

That's helpful.

Thanks Vlad.

G
Grazie

Post by Grazie »

Would a reinstall of NV 4.5 do the trick?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

That is not likely but you can of course try that.

Vlad
Grazie

Post by Grazie »

What is crucial is that after TROUBLSHOOTING the Veg file is removed from its folder! All I'm left with is the BAK and TMP Veg files. Have any of your engineers a thought as to why using TROUBLESHOOTING would result in this?

I'm grasping at straws here.

Grazie
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Yes, the engineers keep working on this trying to reproduce the issue.

Could you check if you can reproduce this problem if you use v3 plug-in instead of v4?

Do you run any kind of antivirus on your machine? Please try to disable it to see if that may be the trigger.

Please also check the disks using "Check Now" in properties of each disk.

Thank you,
Vlad