Neat Video community Forum Index
www.neatvideo.com
Neat Video community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Banding Effect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpsdr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Banding Effect Reply with quote

As it can be seen, there is banding effect in the background.
Is it something "unavoidable" considering the level of noise, or is it because of something else (bad setting, or i don't know what...).
Original :

Filtered :
NVTeam

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you see that banding in Neat Video preview?

Thank you,
Vlad
jpsdr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing to ask, it was difficult, but finaly result is that in the preview there is nothing noticeable.
A little banding unavoidable is added by the RGB->YUV, and a little more was added by the fact that i didn't specify at VDub that the file was YUVrec709, so when copying the output to clipboard and creating the RGB BMP, it was converted in rec601, adding another little.
Finaly nothing wrong anywhere, just a display trick, but as the picture was created from the display...
Lugarimo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually noticed increased banding since 4.5 too but it could just be a coincidence. I need to test it on more samples to be sure.
At least 4.5 fixed all the other problems that were introduced in 4.0. Profiling and finetuning works great now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: