Neat Video community Forum Index
www.neatvideo.com
Neat Video community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Avid Liquid - VirtualDub

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Avid Liquid - VirtualDub Reply with quote

I use liquid for all my capturing and since the bulk of my work is capturing/editing 8mm &16mm films, I think this will be exactly what I need. Here's my question. I capture in DV avi format. As Neat video renders I see each frame is 1mb ... Several seconds is more than a 3min 50' roll of film as with uncompressed avi file. What am I doing wrong, and what do I need to do to correct it?[/list]
NVTeam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is most likely in the compression settings. Please check the compression settings in VirtualDub (menu Video | Compression...).

Vlad
Strat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Avid Liquid - VirtualDub Reply with quote

I realize it could be the compression settings, however, I have only one DV (avi)uncompressed encoder, so why would there be such a drastic change in file size? 1mb per frame is a bit much don't you think?
NVTeam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is too much for compressed data, so it is likely to be uncompressed and that is caused by the codec/encoder used. Neat Video is not part of the compression process so I would look into the host (whether it is Liquid or VirtialDub) compression settings in the first place.

Vlad
Strat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved ..
I added a plugin called vdub2rtfx from: http://www.hlinke.de/Home_e/VDub2RTFX_Plugin/vdub2rtfx_plugin.html

It solved my problem. It renders much faster and keeps the original size while doing an incredible job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: