Neat Video community Forum Index
www.neatvideo.com
Neat Video community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie help required...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt84

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Newbie help required... Reply with quote

Hi,

I recently purchased a copy of NV for Premiere after being impressed with the Demo. I am wanting to transfer my wedding video from VHS to DVD and add some fancy menus etc. I've managed to capture the VHS into Premiere, but I have acquired diagonal lines on the video (almost looks like a denim texture). When I drag neat video onto the clip and then preview without changing any settings or building a profile it looks fantastic and is exactly what I want. However, when I render the video the results are really poor.

I've tried reading through the manual and played around with all the settings, but still no joy.

I'd appreciate any help on this one, thanks in advance.
NVTeam

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie help required... Reply with quote

Matt84 wrote:
When I drag neat video onto the clip and then preview without changing any settings or building a profile

Building a profile is a necessary step in using NV. Without a noise profile, NV will not apply adequate noise reduction.

I recommend to build a noise profile for your video sequence and then check the preview in Premiere, both static and dynamic one.

Vlad
Matt84

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reponse Vlad.

That doesn't answer why it's teasing me with a perfect preview though.

I had a play around with the profile and filter settings and I can get the profile quality up to between 50-70 and one of the advanced filter presets works ok. But when applied it's nowhere near as good as the initial preview.

I'm going to render out what I've done and see what it looks like. I appreciate it is improving the quality of the video, it's just bugging me that I can't achieve what I'm seeing in this first preview.

Thanks again
NVTeam

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot say why there is any difference without running the actual project and seeing its results. Perhaps there is something in the project and/or Premiere settings that produces such an effect. One of the possibilities is bad compression settings that make the quality of the saved clip lower than that of the preview shown in Premiere.

Vlad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: