Problems with Frames

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
jcrohio

Problems with Frames

Post by jcrohio »

Have been using Neat for a month now with absolutely no problems. All of a sudden today I have the following issue: when I select a clip to use and an appropriate frame, the frame shows up just fine but all the adjacent frames are from other clips on the timeline. It seems to be random as far as what clip.

My system is a Intel i5-2300 @ 2.8Ghz, 8 gig ram, 64bit windows 10, AMF Radeon HD 6570.

I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 14. The clips are AVI files 720x480 at 29 frames/sec

I have actually cleaned up a couple of clips and it looks OK. But would obviously like to fix this.

Thanks
Jack

UPDATE:
Did a reinstall this morning and that seems to have taken care of it. (Should have done that in the first place.)
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Or perhaps Premiere Elements' caching worked differently when you updated the plug-in. There is a known bug in Premiere Pro/Elements that affects the way Premiere serves frames to plug-ins when they ask for those adjacent frames. Neat Video tries to avoid that bug by using a special workaround (which has been added in recent versions of Neat Video 4) but of course there may be situations when the workaround is not fully working. If you encounter that again, please create a small test case: a fresh new project with one or two clips and a minimum of effects, just sufficient to reproduce the problem. Please send that test project and source clips to our support (support [at] neatvideo.com) for analysis. If we can reproduce the problem then perhaps we can find a better solution or workaround.

Thank you,
Vlad
jcrohio

Post by jcrohio »

Thanks for the reply. I picked up on this bug in your forums but also saw the workaround you included with later versions of Neat. So was not sure if I was facing the same issue.

If this surfaces again I will send you the test case for analysis.

Again thanks
Jack