Removing noise from seminar speaker's face

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
theelevan

Removing noise from seminar speaker's face

Post by theelevan »

Hello,
I am using Neat video in FC7 to remove a good deal of noise caused by an improper camera setting on a film of a seminar. The speaker is sitting in front of a curtain and his mid to upper torso and head are centered in the shot. There are also shots where the camera is zoomed out and you can see most of the speaker's body. I can do a decent job of removing noise from the background curtain, but in the speaker's face, there are remnants that remain around the contour of the eyes, eyebrows and to the left and right of the nostrils where they meet the cheeks. You can see movement of the noise that is still there, whereas in other areas of the face, the noise has been greatly reduced. So the noise that still remains is noticeable in contrast to what has been removed.

Can you give some advice on how to best address this type of issue?

Thank you.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

It may help to additionally manually fine-tune the noise profile (which I guess you build using a sample area taken somewhere in the background of the image) using small samples of skin from the face of the speaker. It probably has a different brightness/tone and that may play a role. Please see the user guide to find more details on how to do manual fine-tuning.

Thank you,
Vlad
theelevan

Post by theelevan »

OK. I'll do that. Thanks for your help.