VDub pluggin issue

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
jpsdr

VDub pluggin issue

Post by jpsdr »

I don't know if there is the same issue with NV3, but if you add a filter in the filter chain when there is no video opened, you are stuck in some kind of "infinite loop" with a popup saying that there is no video and NV can't analyse anything, and you have to kill VDub with task manager.

This would be nice if it could be fixed.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Thank you for noticing and reporting. We will fix this.

Thank you,
Vlad
jpsdr

Post by jpsdr »

Another issue.
Windows 7 x64, NV4 version 32 bits (under Vdub 32 bits).

A 1080p file was opened.
I've started a benchmark test, and during it i've got the following message :
Line 285
Func Malloc
Error : Neat video can't get memory free....

This message seems locked in some kind of infinite loop, clicking "Ok" several dozen of time, it's always back, being obliged to kill process with task manager.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

That means that the OS has not been able to provide the requested memory block, which indicates a general shortage of free memory in VirtualDub process.

The simplest solution for that kind of problem is using the 64-bit version of VD and NV instead of the 32-bit version. 64-bit software is much less affected by those memory issues.

Vlad
jpsdr

Post by jpsdr »

What i wanted to report was the issue of the infinite loop the error message was stuck in, and the fact that i've been obliged to kill VDub with the task manager.
Not the out of memory.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Thank you, we are aware of that.

Vlad
jpsdr

Post by jpsdr »

I thought in the first issue i've reported, the loop may have been created by the error itself. The fact that there is no video being always the case, the situation may have created a loop always triggering the error message.

In the second case, it couldn't be that, so the loop was most likely in the acknowledge part of message.

So, there was a chance that both issue may have been different, i you see what i mean ?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Those are different problems. We we will be able to fix the first one you reported, but resolving the second one is more tricky.

Vlad