Speed of rendering...

general questions about Neat Video
pc001

Speed of rendering...

Post by pc001 »

Really looking into purchasing Neat Video. With the demo, it is fast, however, I am planning on purchasing the Pro version for HDV clips. How slow do I need to expect? i.e. slow in the RealTime Preview? Or slow in the rendering of the final product? Can someone give me some examples, 1 min of HDV with no other special effect, how long does it take to render it out the MPEG2 HDV format? Or to DV 720x480 format?

P.S.: I am using PPro 2.0 for now and later to CS3. Dual Core AMD64 4800+, 1G RAM, 3-4 HDs (plenty of space).

Thanks,
Perry
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

You can easily estimate the speed of the full frame rendering if you know the speed of Demo rendering. The Demo processes up to 640x480 pixels in each frame (if you process larger frames). If you work with a frame of, say, 720x480 pixels then it will be (720x480)/(640x480) = 1.125 times slower when you will process the whole frame in non-Demo plug-in. With HDV, the ratio will be larger and, correspondingly, rendering will be slower. It all depends on the frame size and of course filter settings. With constant settings, you simply have to compare the frame size to the limit of the Demo (640x480).

Hope this helps.
Vlad
pc001

Post by pc001 »

Vlad,
I think I knew you or another Vlad from somewhere prior, another software prehaps, but thank you for your quick reply. Anyway, was the render in the final product, or does it affect RealTime Preview? Because when I drop the Demo plugin into the timeline, it does not affect my RT preview at all, in fact, it doesn't even have a red line ontop of the timeline in PPro 2, indicating there needs any rendering in order to preview. Is this right? i.e. we are talking about rendering out to the final product, right? Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,
perry
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

The preview should be affected of course, but you must setup the filter first, dropping NV to the timeline is just the first step. Open the setup of the filter, build a noise profile for this clip, adjust the intra-frame filter settings and then click Apply. The preview in Premiere will show NV noise reduction in the current frame.

Vlad
pc001

Post by pc001 »

Vlad,
Yes, I am able to do all you stated (including applying the effect), and see the preview video as part of it is noise-reduced, which is great, however, it does not ask me to have to render it for the preview. It does not indicate a redline (require for render) on the timeline. Is this normal?

Perry
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I think this is normal, and you still can render a part of the clip to see the effect in motion, which will probably produce that line.

Vlad
pc001

Post by pc001 »

Thank you Vlad, I will experiment with it. From what I've seen, and what I have experienced with you quick/responsive help here, make me want to buy it right away. As soon as CS3 is out, I will deinitely get it if they don't have any way around the grainniess. Thanks again.

Perry