Neat Video community Forum Index
www.neatvideo.com
Neat Video community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tramtracks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Improvements, new features
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce777

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:04 am    Post subject: Tramtracks Reply with quote

I have used the Dust and Scratch filter quite a bit recently on old 8mm films I digitised. It does a good job. However, some scratches get through the filter and increasing the slider to 500 has no effect. These scratches tend to mainly be "tramtracks". ie. Vertical lines probably caused by a dirty projector gate.

Perhaps there are ways of helping NV find these scratches.
eg. A tick box indicating it needs to look for tramtracks.
Probably a more likely solution would be if a tool was provided that lets the user point to such scratches and hence mark co-ordinates in the preview window. You could mark the start and end of the scratch or just a single point and let NV trace out the path.
Sounds adventurous, but worth asking I think.
It would be labour intensive for the user, but worth it to get rid of the more annoying of the tramtracks.

Regards
Bruce
NVTeam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is a known limitation of the Dust and Scratches filter that currently it can only reduce the defects that are present in an individial frame rather than in several consecutive frames. We will try to improve this aspect in the future versions.

Thank you,
Vlad
Bruce777

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vlad.

Related to this, while digitising my fathers 8mm I occasionally struck films with a hair or other obstruction that must have been either on the camera lens or somewhere else in the camera until recently I assumed it would be quite rare, but recently digitising my Aunts films I struck a very similar problem.

I suspect a solution to the tramtrack problem could also solve the above hair problem.

Regards
Bruce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Improvements, new features All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: