Corrected video looks extra jerky?!

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
dragonsfire1981

Corrected video looks extra jerky?!

Post by dragonsfire1981 »

Hi everyone,

I just applied noise reduction on a 3 minute clip of a band that I filmed. However it came out jerky and stuttery in places. What's going on? I exported uncompressed to Avi. The only external factor I can see was that there was some slight strobe lighting effect in the venue, can this have caused it?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Which video editor is it?

Does preview look better inside that editor?

Thank you,
Vlad
rimage

Re: Corrected video looks extra jerky?!

Post by rimage »

dragonsfire1981 wrote:Hi everyone,

I just applied noise reduction on a 3 minute clip of a band that I filmed. However it came out jerky and stuttery in places. What's going on? I exported uncompressed to Avi. The only external factor I can see was that there was some slight strobe lighting effect in the venue, can this have caused it?
Uncompressed? At HD dimensions? Seems it would bog down the system trying to play it.
mathewlisett

Re: Corrected video looks extra jerky?!

Post by mathewlisett »

RobertP wrote:
dragonsfire1981 wrote:Hi everyone,

Uncompressed? At HD dimensions? Seems it would bog down the system trying to play it.
Not at all, with the fact its a VERY short clip, dealing even with 10bit preview this should playback faily easily.

only time it could be jerky is if several factors are in play

its working from a hard drive

that hard drive has yet to be full and correctly defragged

the gpu isnt powerful enough, ie the user may be on a several year old system

with my own system i can preview full movie length HD content whilst preview at full res with filters and neatvideo v3 plugin (ive just upgraded to v4 though)

bt my system has 32gb memory, main drive ssd, slave drive ssd. gpu gtx 980.