Neat Video rendering in Adobe Premiere Pro Cs5

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
Gerald Sr.

Neat Video rendering in Adobe Premiere Pro Cs5

Post by Gerald Sr. »

I'm a beginner, I'm just learning to use Adobe Premiere Pro Cs5. I had bought Neat Video v3 for Adobe Premiere. I had Neat Video for Virtualdub 1.7 but it took six hours to render a video that was two hours long. I had rendered the same video in Adobe Premiere Pro and it took approximately the same time as Virtualdub. I can't figure out why the two hours video took six hours to render.
I don't if I'm using the wrong compression or codec in Adobe Premiere Pro.

Gerald Sr.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

There is no reason why rendering in Premiere should be faster than in VirtualDub because the filter itself (Neat Video) works with the same speed in each host application. The speed of Neat Video is determined mostly by the hardware of the computer, by the parameters of the video (frame size) and by filter settings (such as for example temporal filter radius).

It may be very much normal that it takes six hours to render two hours of video. Still, I recommend to visit Neat Video Preferences and to run Optimize there: menu Tools > Preferences > Performance > Optimize, and start the test. It should be able to find the fastest combination of CPU and GPU settings allowing to shorten the render time.

Thank you,
Vlad
Gerald Sr.

Post by Gerald Sr. »

Thanks for your help.