mpohalloran

FCP 10.2

Post by mpohalloran »

Hi

Are there any known issues before upgrading to Final Cut Pro 10.2

Regards
Billrey

Post by Billrey »

Yes, there are bugs. In fact, it basically doesn't work. Every other clip I use is completely black when I add a Neat Video effect on it. Hopefully this can be fixed ASAP! Really annoying...
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Yes, Apple is already working on this new FCPX bug introduced in 10.2. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

We have been describing our findings so far in this page. There may be temporary workarounds possible, like using a new project instead of a converted old one, or ensuring the frame rate is same, or not using transitions.

Hope this helps,
Vlad
mpohalloran

Post by mpohalloran »

Thanks for the replies. Will hold off updating until new version of FCP is released.

Regards
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

We have updated the plug-in with a workaround for that black frame issue and also reflected that in the known issues page.

Hope this helps,
Vlad
djmarksf

Post by djmarksf »

It would be nice if news of this new version was posted outside of this thread. I suspect a lot of people are missing out since there seems to be absolutely no mention of it anywhere else on the Neat website (or even in this forum's "Announcement" section).
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

That is also specified in the "known issues" page itself, which is always available on the website (in the Support menu item). Those affected by this and other FCPX bugs can find the relevant information there.

Thank you,
Vlad
djmarksf

Post by djmarksf »

Yes, but I suspect many users (I know I'm one of them) would normally be looking for news of a new version on the main page under "latest news" http://www.neatvideo.com/index.html .

Anyway, glad you were able to work around the FCPX 10.2 bug, that was pretty annoying.