Neat Video community Forum Index
www.neatvideo.com
Neat Video community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Struggling With Sand

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wert38

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:21 am    Post subject: Struggling With Sand Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a series of about 40 shots from a beach shoot after a typhoon. Some of the close ups have noise on them, the main problem I have is building a profile as there are very few instances of areas big and bland enough to grab a profile from within the 40 shots. Even the few skies I have are not a great help.

Even if I take profiles from other shots and gradually build up, the net result is neat Video appears unable to deal with separating sand from noise which results in a very plastic like look but there appears to be no getting around it with different settings. Has anyone also experienced this and found a solution at all?

Equipment used: Canon 6D, 100 ISO, 50 Shutter, 25 Fps, 2f - 8f on either 28mm or 35mm fixed lenses.

Any suggestions would be greatly received.

D
NVTeam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. try to build as accurate noise profile as possible; if necessary, use a small area for initial analysis by Auto Profile, choose the most noisy area for that analysis; if necessary, additional fine-tune the profile using other areas;

2. disable the spatial filter (set the noise reduction amounts to 0% inside Neat Video window);

3. compensate the strength of noise reduction by increasing the temporal filter radius.

I hope this will allow to preserve the noise yet reduce enough noise.

Vlad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: