Neat Video community Forum Index
www.neatvideo.com
Neat Video community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Losing detail in streams of water

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobertP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:10 am    Post subject: Losing detail in streams of water Reply with quote

I find that the setting that gets rid of most of the artifacts in other places kills detail in jets of water as seen in the pics below.

Notice how the ripples in the water jets get washed/smoothed out. The setting that seems to make the biggest difference is noise reduction level in the Y channel but if I lower it, artifacts get introduced in other areas. I also run into this problem with video of waves at the beach, where it interprets the foaminess at the edge of the breaking waves as noise.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Before:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0zvAZXgfLgiMHhBZ1lWeUhZOU0/edit?usp=sharing

After:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0zvAZXgfLgieC1Ya210elRzZ2s/edit?usp=sharing
NVTeam

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Make sure you build the noise profile accurately, as there are not many areas suitable for analysis in these frames.

2. Try to apply less spatial noise reduction (decrease the Y noise reduction amount inside Neat Video window) and add more temporal noise reduction (increase the temporal filter radius).

Hope this helps,
Vlad
RobertP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVTeam wrote:
1. Make sure you build the noise profile accurately, as there are not many areas suitable for analysis in these frames.

2. Try to apply less spatial noise reduction (decrease the Y noise reduction amount inside Neat Video window) and add more temporal noise reduction (increase the temporal filter radius).

Hope this helps,
Vlad

Okay. The profile was built using various other frames, I didn't take any info from this particular frame, I'm just showing a problem I noticed on this and similar frames that have the water streams.
mathewlisett

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

basically as soon as you include other features such as lines or different shading into the mix, more detail will be taken into account and like detail that you actually want to keep, such as the waves.

if you hadnt already, zoom into the frame and select an area thats the flatest part of the water and then try selecting low frequency i think
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: