DaVinci Resolve Lite Crash

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
PaulW

DaVinci Resolve Lite Crash

Post by PaulW »

I just installed a GTX780 to speed up my renders within Resolve on my Hackintosh, but Resolve just quits as soon as it hits a clip using Neat Video. I have seen a couple of posts similar to this, it seems to be a CUDA related issue. Has anyone found a solution at all that doesn't involve just not using the card?

I bought the card to avoid missing a deadline and now it's useless to me because the plugin crashes Resolve.

I need a solution desperately.
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

Running latest CUDA drivers and latest Resolve 11.1.1.

My other card is an ATI 5770, which of course is dreadful for anything else other than GPU.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Does NV work in AE on that computer? Or the problem is universal and it crashes in similar way in both AE and Resolve?

Could you send the crash logs to support [at] neatvideo.com?

Thank you,
Vlad
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

Hi Vlad,

The plugin also crashes After Effects where it previously worked fine before the card was installed. I have tried the same thing on an actual MacPro also, same results.

I'll get those crash logs to you.

Does the plugin use OpenCL? I know NVidea have major issues with OpenCL on these cards, in fact it doesn't work whatsoever and crashes opneCL dependant software. I knew this before I bought the card though and thought that because Resolve was using CUDA, that the plugin would be ok within Resolve.

Paul
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Neat Video uses CUDA when working with NVIDIA cards.

I hope the crash logs will show the cause of the problem.

Vlad
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

Forgive my stupidity here, could you tell me how to access the crash log for Neat Video?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

You wrote above that the plug-in crashes AE. When that happens, does OSX show a dialog window with details of the crash? We would like to receive those details (use the Details button to open the most detailed description and copy&paste it to an e-mail).

Thank you,
Vlad
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

Ok, thanks. I'll get that sent later on.

Paul