After a while the optimal settings differt a lot.

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
NivisTigridis

After a while the optimal settings differt a lot.

Post by NivisTigridis »

Hi,

I use the V3.4 and have this computer setup:

I7-2600K (OC at 4.6 Ghz).
GTX 760
GTX 570

I run the test to get the "optimal" settings. I encode the video (25-30 minutes with JUST the Neat video apply to it). It's slow (2-3 hours), I expected this. I came back later on it's at 24-25% and now it's nearly 20+ hours!.

I cancel the encoding, go back into the Neat video plugin, re-run the optimize button and now the results are totally different. I re-run the same encoding and now 3-4 hours later it's done.

The main difference was that in the INITIAL Optimize testing, I was told to use 3 of my 8 cores. Second time it's 1 core only (If not, 2 cores and up, I pass from 1.5ish FPS to 0.3**FPS). Also on the second run the use of 1 GPU (regardless) or BOTH don't change a thing in the results (FPS).

Any reasons for this?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

In another post, you mentioned v3.5. Which version of which plug-in do you use? Which host application?

Vlad
NivisTigridis

Post by NivisTigridis »

It's 3.5, my bad.

Adobe Premiere CS5.5 Windows version.
NivisTigridis

Post by NivisTigridis »

To add, I've got to redo a good part of my video and I've re run to the same issues I've mentioned before.

Something I've notice is that IF you RAM is nearly full (the allocation for Premiere or other Adobe product if full) the plugin seems to do not do anything.

I stop the processing and re-run the optimization option and got some really different configuration.

I've run my 3 clips (9 minutes each) and beside they take +/- 3-4 hours to render (level 4 setting) [way better then the 20 hours estimated previously for only 75% of the clip remaining] it run flawlessly.

Also the GFX (only 1 of the 2, the GTX 570) is running in the 40-50% in average (will get precise results later).

Is there anyone encountered something similar?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

When you mention RAM, which memory do you mean - the regular memory of your computer of the GPU RAM? How do you see that the "RAM is nearly full".

The GPU utilization during actual render done by Premiere is expected to be lower than the GPU utilization during Neat Video's Optimize. That is normal.

Vlad
NivisTigridis

Post by NivisTigridis »

RAM = PC RAM

Task manager Performance tab is where I see how much ram is really used.