FCPX 10.1.2 "Rerendering" after slight trim of cli

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
John Chu

FCPX 10.1.2 "Rerendering" after slight trim of cli

Post by John Chu »

I just got this plugin and I'm amazed at the quality of the resulting footage processed with Neatvideo. I wish I had known about this product earlier.

I do have a performance question/workflow issue and would like to know if this is caused by Final Cut Pro X or the Neatvideo plugin.

If I apply the plugin to a clip and let it finish rendering. It plays back beautifully.

If I then decide to trim and shorten that processed clip, (not lengthen it) it immediately shows that the clip needs to be "re-rendered". The re-rendering feels almost as long as the initial render. Is this by design of FCPX or an issue with Neatvideo?

I assume the clip has been already been rendered, so shortening it slightly shouldn't cause a long re-render? I can understand a momentary pause, but it really slows down rapid editing.

Any tips? Beside only using and applying the plugin only after the project is nearly finished?

Thanks!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

That is decided by FCPX itself, not by Neat Video. Whether it is by design or a bug of FCPX is an open question.

A possible solution would be to temporarily Neat Video in a clip after setting it up there and until the final render.

Vlad