GeForce Experience 2.0.1.0 makes neatvideo crash

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
mathewlisett

GeForce Experience 2.0.1.0 makes neatvideo crash

Post by mathewlisett »

as soon as i updated to this version of experience, the rendering via adobe encoder stopped and the cmd windows popped up with the following on 2 occasions.

so as soon as these happened, i decided to uninstall experience totally and see if it happened again and it seems it is the reason...no idea why though

Ok, its not all down to "experince" software, as it just happened again. but this time it took a lot longer , ie several clips later

NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

GeForce Experience may be less important than the version of the video driver. Could you please check the version of the driver? Did you update it together with GeForce Experience? Did the previous version of the driver work better?

Thank you,
Vlad
mathewlisett

Post by mathewlisett »

already thought of that, i updated the driver few weeks back, not a single problem up until the 6 hours after i updated experience.

i have a theory but not to sure.

every time ive rendered in adobe encoder cc with a bunch of projects, the memory and "ppreimer.exe" (not exact spelling), it stays there untill you remove the project thats ended from the que and the system memory stays on 100% until you kill the process from task manager.

ive said this to the guy thats worked on premier pro months ago but this is justa thought, and i say this because the warning messages go on about the memory on the gpu, yet the memory on the gpu ISNT 100% used up.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

The messages above say about Unknown error (999), which may or may not be related to the GPU memory. It is an error reported by CUDA (a part of the video driver). It may also be related to the lack of regular RAM too.

Vlad
mathewlisett

Post by mathewlisett »

but it also says "getdevice memory"

i did how ever go and re install the driver for the gpu, see what happens.

then again i havent done a full system refresh in over 8 months.

lack of ram? i have 24 gb ddr3 corsair vengeance pro lol

had to take out 1 module (was a 32g kit) the module was bad
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

It says "Unknown error (999) in GPUCUDAApi::getDeviceMemory". Yes, that indicates that the error occured when Neat Video was trying to allocate some GPU memory. Why did it occur? - We don't know, since it happened inside CUDA itself and because CUDA did not provide any further details (Unknown error (999)).

CUDA is trying to do its job (which may involve general RAM, GPU RAM, etc.) and fails for some unclear reason.

Vlad
mathewlisett

Post by mathewlisett »

do you know of a gpu cuda software test i can run .
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

No, I don't know such tests. We will probably get more details about that error 999 when the new version of CUDA is used.

Which version of the video driver do you run?

Thank you,
Vlad