Neat Video problem with sound sync in Final Cut Pro X

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
chrism2000

Neat Video problem with sound sync in Final Cut Pro X

Post by chrism2000 »

Hello,

I am intrested in purchasing the pro version of the neat video plugin for FCPX. I work with version 10.0.9
So I downloaded a demo to test this plugin to some footage I have from my DSLR. I used it on a part of my video with no added transicitions and I have to admit that the result was amazing. When I used it to a clip with added trancitions it messed my sound. After the neat vieo proccesing the sound went completly out of sync something that it didnt happened in the first render. Is there a specific workflow that I have to use or did I something wrong ?

Any suggestions?

Thnks in advance.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

from the list of known issues: FCP X 10.0.8 and 10.0.9: FCP X 10.0.8 has a bug, which causes FCP X to introduce a missync between video and audio channels if a filter plug-in of certain type (filter doing temporal processing) is added to a clip with a preceding transition. Removing the transition resolves the missync problem. This FCP X bug seems to be partially fixed (it still shows up in some cases) by Apple in FCP X 10.0.9, so you may want to update to 10.0.9, because it is less affected than 10.0.8.
Update: the problem does not show up in FCP X 10.1 in our internal tests so far.
Thank you,
Vlad
chrism2000

Post by chrism2000 »

Vlad thank you for your reply.

So if I first use neat video to clean my footage and then add the trasition effects I suppose it will not make any difference... I am asking this because I would like to stay with 10.0.9 version of FCPX.

One more question. Is it recommended to use neat video with proxy or optimized media or it doesnt make any difference in the whole proccessing of clearing my videos?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Yes, if you do not use transitions and Neat Video simulaneously in 10.0.9 then that bug of FCPX should not cause problems.

It is of course better to use optimized media in FCPX. FCPX works faster that way, which is especially important during rendering.

Vlad