Pre Pro CC crashes during render using Neat Video

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
rexomus

Pre Pro CC crashes during render using Neat Video

Post by rexomus »

Every time I try to render a project using the neat video plug-in on my clips using Premiere Pro CC; my computer crashes part way through the render? My computer just restarts.

Am I doing something wrong?

System Config:
Windows 7x64
Premiere Pro CC
AMD FX8150 @4.6ghz
AMD FirePro v7900
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

These symptoms indicate either a hardware failure (like overheating) or a driver problem (for example a bad video driver).

Please open Neat Video's main window (where you build a noise profile), go to menu Tools > Preferences > Performance
and check what is enabled there. Is GPU enabled there? If it is enabled, please set it to CPU only and then try to reproduce the problem. If it is not reproducible with CPU alone then the problem may be in the GPU hardware or software (drivers). If the problem is reproducible with CPU alone, try to reduce the amount of cores allowed to Neat Video. For example set it to 1 and try to render. Will it restart after that? If it will not then the problem may be causing by overheating of the CPU itself.

Vlad
rexomus

Post by rexomus »

Thank you for the quick reply.

Following your instructions the performance tab reads:
CPU
number of cores: 4 (total of 8 cores found: 4 physical, 4 virtual)
GPU
No computation-capable gpu devices found. GPU detection log

As far as the GPU goies, I am a little confused. I have a AMD FirePro v7900 video card which from my understanding is Open CL capable. Maybe I'm wrong. But I would figure that my video card has the horse power and transmission to be able to handle this. Let me know if I am wrong.

For now, I am going to try lowering the used core count to 2 and I will update the video card driver and see what happens. I will post an update.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

If the GPU is not listed nor used in Neat Video now then the problem of crash and restart is caused by something else. It makes sense to resolve the original problem first and only then proceed to the GPU issue.

Do you receive any error messages at all when Premiere crashes? Anything at all?

Please also post the GPU detection log from Performance tab.

Thank you,
Vlad
rexomus

Post by rexomus »

Ok. I checked, my video card driver is version 12. When i checked AMD's website for support, it recommended version 9??? I downloaded it and "updated" my driver. After which premiere pro cc would no longer open. So I rolled back the driver and premiere opened.

Next I reduced the number of cores used as you suggested and that did the trick; though the render time went from 4 hours to 9.5, but.....

The project finally rendered/exported.

I am out of the office right now but I will post the gpu information you asked for. when i get back later tonight.

I am stumped as to why the gpu is not being utilized.
rexomus

Post by rexomus »

When the computer crashes there is no error code. Premiere doesn't have an error code either.

For now, reducing the number of CPU cores has worked, but I would like to get my GPU tackling the heavy lifting.

When I run GPU detection here is the log information you requested:

Looking for NVIDIA CUDA-capable devices...
Failed to load CUDA driver (nvcuda.dll).
If you use an NVIDIA card, please install the latest video driver with CUDA support.

Looking for AMD OpenCL-capable devices...
Failed to initialize OpenCL.
If you use an AMD card, please install the latest AMD driver with OpenCL support.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please try to install the latest version of the driver.

Thank you,
Vlad