Davinci Resolve OFX

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
tonyvm

Davinci Resolve OFX

Post by tonyvm »

I just installed the demo of Neat Video OFX for Mac,
when I drop the effect on a node in Resolve, the application just crashes and closes.
I'm on 10.9.1, Resolve 10.1.1, dual GTX780 GPUs'.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please collect the crash log and send it to support [at] neatvideo.com

Thank you,
Vlad
tonyvm

Post by tonyvm »

solved. The problem was openCL which doesn't work for the moment with any GTX card that has the GK110B chip, like 780, 780ti.
Only one of my cards has GK110B chip, I pulled it out, and works now, so I purchased the OFX plugin.

by the way it might just work after I update to 10.9.2, just released today...
Last edited by tonyvm on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Interesting. Have you had a chance to check that in 10.9.2?

Vlad
tonyvm

Post by tonyvm »

I hope I can try it tonight
tonyvm

Post by tonyvm »

tonyvm wrote:I hope I can try it tonight
Updated to 10.9.2 but GK110B problem still exists.
Nvidia released new drivers and OpenCL works with them but Cuda is not working, probably after the next Cuda drivers release...
If I take out the GPU with the GK110B chip everything works fine.

More info about this one Tonymacx86.com
Last edited by tonyvm on Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tonyvm

Post by tonyvm »

Another problem I sometimes have is that in Resolve when I click Options for Neat video - the image it uses to create a noise profile is so small, I think it might be the thumbnail from the timeline and NOT the original video file...
In that case it's always complaining that the area selected is too small...
bug?

And to say something good, when it works I like the noise reduction a lot, good work! Keep it up!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

The small image issue is known, it is listed here.

Thank you,
Vlad
tonyvm

Post by tonyvm »

New CUDA drivers are out, so I installed them, together with the latest NVidia driver and now it works, even with the GK110b chip.
I did this on a second disk as a test off course...

One thing wrong though, in the options window I get a black frame instead of the image. In the small preview field left above I see part of the image and beneath it some black and white blocks.
I tried the trick you mention above but it doesn't work in this case.[/url]
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

There is one more point in the list that may be related:
DaVinci Resolve 10: the version 10.1 (and 10.1.1) of Resolve is confirmed to have a bug that shows up when plug-ins of certain class (plug-ins doing temporal processing, Neat Video is one of those) are used. As a result of that bug, the rendered video may stutter and contain other rendering errors.
The previous versions of Resolve (10.0, 10.0.1, 10.0.2) did not have that bug. The bug is expected to be fixed by the developers of Resolve in the very nearest update (perhaps 10.1.2). Until then, we recommend to keep using 10.0.2.
Update: this issue only affects Resolve working in CUDA GPU mode. The OpenCL GPU mode is not affected, so we recommend to switch Resolve to OpenCL mode for now.
Please try to switch Resolve to OpenCL mode.

Vlad
tonyvm

Post by tonyvm »

In OpenCL mode it works
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

So that means the problem comes from Resolve itself.

I expect they will fix that bug in the future versions of Resolve. For now please run Resolve in OpenCL mode.

Thank you,
Vlad
Xebedie

Post by Xebedie »

Just reporting I have the same issue - when inputting settings for neat video in resolve, resolve 10.1.4.009 crashes about 1 in 10 times. I have switched to OpenCl instead of CUDA which has halved the frequency of crashes but they still persist.

Sucks to have this as a time waster but being new to neat video - my god the software is a miracle!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Who exactly is crashing, Resolve itself or Neat Video?
If Resolve then the best way to find a solution is to report such a crash to Resolve support and provide them with a crash log (they will give you an instruction on how to collect the crash log). Then they will be able to see what causes the crash and will suggest a solution.

Thank you,
Vlad