Neat Video community Forum Index
www.neatvideo.com
Neat Video community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NV Demo Not Applying

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Bugs, issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blewis888

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: NV Demo Not Applying Reply with quote

I'm trying to test out NV on a project to see if it's worth purchasing. I can add the effect and the NV window appears and everything looks good. However when I go to apply the filter and return to FCPX, nothing actually happens. The "Reduce Noise" effect appears in the Inspector as if it's there, but it doesn't alter the clip at all - it also does not add the green 640x480 box and NV watermark.

If I try to test the same clip, but in a completely new project, it works just fine - I can see the green box and the noise inside of it is reduced. For some reason the application does not work in any clips on the large project.

Is this a limitation of the demo? I really want to make sure it will work on this current project before I purchase.

Thanks!

Using FCPX 10.0.5 on Mac OSX 10.8.5
NVTeam

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any other effects also applied to the same clip in that large project? FCPX has many bugs and some of them are related to the order of effects: FCPX may work correctly if the plug-in is in the first position in the stack of effects (so it is applied first) and may do something wrong if it goes in other positions.

Try to disable all other effects and place Neat Video on top of the stack for a test. Then re-enable other effects.

Thank you,
Vlad
blewis888

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response, Vlad. NV is the only effect I'm using on these clips, though. Any other ideas?
NVTeam

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that clip in the main timeline or in secondary one? I remember there were issues related to that in older versions of FCPX (like 10.0.5). Specifically:
Quote:
FCP X 10.0.4 and 10.0.5: if the clip where Neat Video is applied is located in non-main timeline, the filter may not work. The problem is caused by a bug in FCP X (10.0.4, 10.0.5): FCP X does not provide all frames requires to conduct temporal processing. Please update to a newer version of FCP X to avoid that bug.
From the list of known issues.

Vlad
blewis888

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that's the problem. As soon as I add a clip to the main timeline it works fine. Would upgrading to 10.1 resolve this?
NVTeam

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is quite likely, although I cannot verify that directly at this moment.

Vlad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Bugs, issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: