Error compiling movie Premiere CS6

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
Mark Thyme

Error compiling movie Premiere CS6

Post by Mark Thyme »

Hi,

I am having a problem when trying to render Neat Video with PP RGB Color Corrector enabled. I get "error compiling movie" message and no render occurs. I can render with either neat video off (i.e RGB renders) or with RGB off (Neat video renders). I am trying to correct some low light footage AVCHD .MTS (File Size: 4.4 MB, Image Size: 1920 x 1080, Frame Rate: 50.00 ,Duration: 00:00:01:22)

I can work around this one by applying the Colour Balance (RGB) twice to get the same gain changes and this renders OK with Neat Video enabled. It doesn't seem to be a Memory Issue 16GB, 64 bit i7, 2 x GTX470.
I guess it may be a PP bug but if anyone can shed some light on this issue would be great. Neat Video is version 3.3.0, CS6 6.0.3
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

We have also seen this problem with Pr CS6's RGB Color Corrector and so far it looks like a bug in CS6 Color Corrector itself. There is no such problem in other versions of Premiere (including the newest one), only in CS6. It looks like RGB Color Corrector breaks Premiere rendering process when certain type of plug-ins (those that use specific interface functions of Premoere; Neat Video is one of those too) is also used.

Again, it looks like a bug in RGB Color Corrector itself. Adobe can check that directly, you may want to contact them and we are going to do the same.

A possible workaround would be to apply RGB Color Corrector and Neat Video in two separate render passes.

Hope this helps,
Vlad