Neat Video community Forum Index
www.neatvideo.com
Neat Video community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this radio frequency interference?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phase52013

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Is this radio frequency interference? Reply with quote

Hi everyone;

I'm working on Xferring my 20year old betamax* tapes to digital. These are (largely) documentaries from a UHF channel. (Which was new at the time).
I'm pretty sure what I'm looking at is some sort of radio frequency interference, but I'm not sure. If anyone can confirm this from the images below I'd be most grateful.

The vertical black lines actually move across in the screen as the video plays:

After cleanup with NV it looks like this:

The picture quality is much better and the interference is largely reduced, and seems to disappear from some areas of the screen. But some of the vertical black lines remain and move across the screen.

If anyone knows how to remove these lines I'd love to hear back, but I pretty much think it's impossible.

Thank you for your time.

*Yes, my old Betamax still works and the tapes still play.
NVTeam

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be interference indeed.

If you sent a short sample original clip to support [at] neatvideo.com then we would take a closer look at it. Perhaps the results could be further improved.

Thank you,
Vlad
phase52013

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVTeam wrote:
This may be interference indeed.

If you sent a short sample original clip to support [at] neatvideo.com then we would take a closer look at it. Perhaps the results could be further improved.

Thank you,
Vlad

Thanks Vlad, will do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: