artifacts in motion with radius to 5 frames

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
fenomeno83

artifacts in motion with radius to 5 frames

Post by fenomeno83 »

In my videos I use generally these settings:radius 5 frames,thresold 0%,adaptive filtration disabled,in configure crominance channels in noise reduction amount 100%,all rest 0%.
Results are fantastic but I have a problem in motion..radius to 5 frames generate a better denoise than 1 frame but I see motion artifacts(similar to motion blur).Any idea?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please make sure you build the noise profile correcty in the first place. Then try to reduce the radius to 4, 3, etc. to find the optimum value.

Vlad
fenomeno83

Post by fenomeno83 »

here there is an example with original video and 1,2,3,4 and 5 radius.I prefer radius 2.Look at the hand:there are motion artefacts.
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=265625
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Yes, I can see ghosting in your filtered clips, but I cannot reproduce this effect if I simply open the original clip in VirtualDub, build a noise profile correcly (using a part of the wall as a noise sample) and apply filtration with radius 5. No ghosting at all.

I guess you may be building the noise profile in a wrong way. Please let me know which part of a frame you use for analysis and send me the profile you have built. I think the issue may caused by using an inaccurate profile.

Another possibility - a problem with compression codec. Try to filter without compression for a test.

Vlad

P.S. Totò? :)
fenomeno83

Post by fenomeno83 »

But must I search an uniform area more than 128x128?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

No, it can be smaller.
fenomeno83

Post by fenomeno83 »

I try with a select uniform area and profile applied.videos not blurred,hasn't motion artefacts,but there are new random noise!!
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=265700
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

New random noise? Do you mean there is no noise in the original and there is new noise in the filtered clip?
fenomeno83

Post by fenomeno83 »

excuse me..these noise are in original video.but neatvideo became crazy!!!Now there isn't motion artifacts,but same noises arent't removed!!!After than I use "select area option"neatvideo became crazy!!I try to reconvert with radius 5 frames,thresold 0%,adaptive filtration disabled,in configure crominance channels in noise reduction amount 100%,all rest 0%(without area selection) but result is different from before!!!Here there is an example(before I use select area option and after).I try to uninstall e remove all registry voices,I try in 2 different PC,but doesn't remove all noise!!!
Example: http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=266067
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

fenomeno83 wrote:excuse me..these noise are in original video.but neatvideo became crazy!!!Now there isn't motion artifacts
So, artifacts were caused by incorrect profiling. How did you build the noise profile you used?
fenomeno83 wrote:but same noises arent't removed!!!
With an incorrect profile, you removed too much, with (I hope) a more accurate profile you remove less. How did you build it? Which image area did you select to analyze with Auto Profile?
fenomeno83 wrote:I try to uninstall e remove all registry voices,I try in 2 different PC,but doesn't remove all noise!!!
I would start by resetting all filter settings to their defaults. Then I would try to build an accurate profile according to the user guide and use the preview inside the plug-in to make sure you get the desired level of filtration within one frame. Do not adjust the filter, but build an accurate profile instead, this will lead to accurate filitration.
fenomeno83

Post by fenomeno83 »

here there are screenshot of my step:
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=266150

PS:Why before noises were all delete(but there were motion artifacts) and now with the same profile I can't remove all noises(but I haven't motion artifacts problem!!)?This is incredibile!!!
Last edited by fenomeno83 on Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Looks good. I can see good noise reduction in the filtered version.
fenomeno83

Post by fenomeno83 »

yes,but before all noise were removed(now same noise aren't removed!!).But before I had motion artifacts problem and now I haven't these problems
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Are you sure it was noise that was removed before and is now removed now? - Perhaps you mean the dust and scratches, not really noise?
fenomeno83

Post by fenomeno83 »

here there is an example with before and after:
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=266067