Setting a Default Noise Profile?

suggest a way to improve Neat Video
Chris Attkins

Setting a Default Noise Profile?

Post by Chris Attkins »

I've searched the forum in vain for an answer to this rather obvious question, so please forgive me if I've missed the answer.

Is there a way to preset one of my defined noise profiles as a default?

I am currently working on a 5-camera project, for which I have built profiles for each data stream. I wish to apply the same noise reduction to dozens of clips on the timeline and it is time-consuming to have to select a particular profile for each clip individually.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

In FCP, you can select the clip in which the NV has already been added and set up, use the FCP menu Edit > Copy, and then paste the effects only (that is NV and its settings only, not the underlying clip) to another clip using the FCP command: Edit > Paste Attributes...

This way you can clone one instance of NV effect and its settings (including noise profile) from one clip to all other clips.

Vlad
Chris Attkins

Post by Chris Attkins »

Many thanks Vlad. Your dedication in providing almost instant feedback to a myriad of questions on this forum is exemplary.

It's great to know you've designed NV to copy specific noise profiles between clips as filter attributes.

Having already applied colour correction to each camera stream prior to editing, this gets duplicated of course, so it would be extremely handy if you made NV capable of 'sticking' with one noise profile until another is selected.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Thank you for the suggestion, I think we will try to improve this aspect in the next updates of the plug-in.

Vlad
lightbox

Post by lightbox »

Hi,

just want to ask how things turned out regarding "default noise profile".

I have to denoise hundreds of shots in an After Effects batch process (using an aescripts.com tool) and it would be really great if I could set a default noise profile being used as long as I don't change it manually.

The above tool allows me to select an After Effects Preset (*.ffx) and apply it to all the footage files in the project and render it to a custom folder.

Cheers,
Martin
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Unfortunately there is currently no default profile in AE plug-in, yet. You may want to use the host (AE) tools to copy the settings from one clip to another.

Vlad
lightbox

Post by lightbox »

Hi Vlad,

the workflow you suggest would require to manually create hundreds of compositions, one for each footage file, and then manually apply the copied effect to each of them.

I would really appreciate it if you could add something to Neatvideo to make batch processing possible. Maybe a simple checkbox in the NeatVideo UI to activate default use of a currently loaded profile.

On a side note:
Just imagine you have to denoise hundreds of video files BEFORE you take them to further editing and heavy grading. This easily results in tens of hours just for a task that imho could be automated and run all night without any user interaction.

Please consider this for a (near) future version of your great software!

Cheers,
Martin