Yes!
69%
Don't Care!
31%

Total votes: 13

D~C

Avid Media Composer

Post by D~C »

Neat Video seems like a slick product, but could we please have it as a plug-in for Avid Media Composer?
billhsp

Post by billhsp »

I second that!
D~C

Post by D~C »

billhsp wrote:I second that!
Great! Ok, we've got two of us. Keep it coming. :)
tombruno

Avid plug in

Post by tombruno »

Make that three!
estuermer

Post by estuermer »

make that 4!
Whitecat

Post by Whitecat »

5... 8)
three2em

Post by three2em »

I was going to write that I'd love to see an AVX2 implementation of this plugin... but see that there is already support for such plans. I love media composer... and love it when I can do as much image processing within media composer without having to go into a 3rd party app like AE.

Can any of the developers or representatives from Neat Video mention whether such plans are on the table?

:D :D
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

We do not exclude that possibility. However, there seems to be not much support for that host so far: this poll runs since 2008 yet only 6 votes are in favor up to now.. Looks like Avid Media Composer is not very popular?

Thank you,
Vlad
haukez

I want Neat Video AVX!

Post by haukez »

add me to the list!

Vlad, don't forget: first you have to register as user here before posting - that's an obstacle to contribute to the poll. I'm shure inside the avid forums you would have had much more response. And obviously there rarely are Avid Users here because neatvideo is just not for them.

Also, I think neatvideo is just a bit overseen by the Avid community since for a long time (the mediocre) BCC Denoiser was bundled with Avid (nowadays it's over an extra $1000 for the whole BCC Suite) and also traditionally many professional Editors doesn't pay that much attention to things outside of their "natural habitat", meaning things that work only in Premiere, Final Cut, or Vegas. So they likely never came in touch with it. Also I think Resolve 10 becoming OpenFX compatible will have a huge impact to the popularity of neatvideo in professional environments. I'm happy when it will work...

People just have to see for theirself how much better neatvideo really is! At least that was for me.

Just bundle a watermarked or splitscreened version with every Avid and you will see how many avid users will become aware of its Quality!

all the best, hauke
haukez

Awesome

Post by haukez »

Cool. If you need some betatester, I'll be there :-) (Avid Symphony 6.5.2 on Win7 64 or Avid 6.0.3 on Mac OS 10.8.2). I 'm familiar with NV Interface from AE.
editinanedit

Yes

Post by editinanedit »

I was a happy neat video user on fcp.

Having switched to Avid I would love nothing more than having neat video on it. :D
bakdc

Avid needs you.

Post by bakdc »

I bought neatvideo for Premiere Pro, but I edit mostly in Avid, and see that I could use it. Please hurry.
blafarm

Post by blafarm »

I would definitely purchase this product if it was available for Avid Media Composer/Symphony.

Hope that happens sometime soon.

Edit: Allow me to also add that CUDA-based acceleration in an Avid version of the product would be very useful and greatly appreciated.
haukez

Post by haukez »

Any news on that front? Avid Version 7 is out right now with great new and enhanced features.

keep it going!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Yes, there are some news. Enjoy! :-)

Vlad