Denoiser quality with scene change

general questions about Neat Video
pbeek

Denoiser quality with scene change

Post by pbeek »

Hi, i have a 5 min long 1080p sequence which has 5-6 scene changes but shot with same camera. I tried to use Neat video using the same profile to denoise the whole video sequence, but the quality does not appear to be equally good for each video scenes. My question is will it be better to apply a different denoiser profile for each scene cuts. and how can we automate that using net video, can we specify frame numbers and tell it to apply this profile setting for these frames and another setting for frames a-b, etc.....
Can this be done on Adobe after effects with neat video. Thanks so much for the help.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Yes, it is better to have different profiles for different clips (with different noise). You can either split long clip into subclips and apply several instances of NV to each of them, or perhaps use keyframes to change NV settings along the timeline. I guess splitting may be easier.

Vlad
pbeek

thanks

Post by pbeek »

Thanks for the prompt reply. So when i have a project open and i select the 5 min long file. How can i split the long clip into subclips?
sorry am a bit new to AAEffects. thx
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I guess you can include only a part of the clip, several times, each time a different part. Sorry, I am also new to AE.

Vlad