NeatVideo in effect sequence - Vegas 10 Pro

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
curious

NeatVideo in effect sequence - Vegas 10 Pro

Post by curious »

There are two effects that I would like to apply; Neat Video and Vegas Crop Tool to NTSC SD DV clip. Since this is digitized Hi8 footage it has overscan areas present in the frame.

I tried applying effects in following order NeatVideo 3 first and then Crop tool. This has given me a few pixel artefacts along the top edge along high contrast border. If along 55% noise removal I apply sharpening for Y at 70-high 10-mid 10-low the artefacts are made stronger. One solution would be to crop them off.

The other solution would be to change the efect order that is first cropping/englargement and then applying the NeatVideo 3 noise removal. This seems to eliminate the artefacts, but there might be some side efects I'm not aware of. Could you please coment on that.

Any other ideas? Would replacing the black along the outer borders of the frame with 50% grey help?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I am also not aware of any side effects in the second scenario you describe. If it shows good render results then I would go for it. Or would simply apply two effects separately, if they do not work well together for any reason.

Vlad