Neat as a Nuke Plugin

suggest a way to improve Neat Video
bigfella

Neat as a Nuke Plugin

Post by bigfella »

I was wondering if there were any plans to make neat as a plugin for nuke.
I am a compositor that uses neat to do degrain on all our bluescreen shots.

We are currently using in on a pc running fusion but our compositing department run on macs using Shake and Nuke. I think it would be a money spinner if it could be used in Nuke..

Thanks
Matt
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Thank you for suggesting. Yes, this is in the wish list already. It may take some time before we come to that point in the list, because there are also other plug-in hosts that get some more requests at this point.

Thank you,
Vlad
xbourque

Neat for Nuke

Post by xbourque »

Hi,

I am a big fan of Neat Video and I would *love* to see a version for Nuke too.

Please consider that if you do an OFX version, not only will it work on Nuke, it will work on other hosts as well!

Also, bear in mind that since Nuke is used mainly for major film and HD work. Lots of studios have quite a few seats of Nuke, but also sizeable render farms. An attractively priced "render only" license available on top of the "GUI" license, would be an extra source of revenue for the NV team!

Anyways, count me as a "me too" for Neat for Nuke.

- Xavier
freddp

Post by freddp »

I second all the above.
Neat is the preferred noisereduction of all, and I would love to see it as a OFX and a commanline app for use in a renderfarm environment.
cavekid

Post by cavekid »

A Nuke version of Neat Video would kick butt, it is hands down the best de-noiser, I have a copy of After Effects running all the time just so I can pre-process shots with it, would be great to cut out this step and allow it to run natively within Nuke. As has been said before OFX plugins will work on a number of platforms (having said that they can be slower than native plug-ins, ..I guess it is a trade-off for speed versus compatibility, ...and regardless I'm sure Neat wouldn't be as slow as the Furnace denoise).

Keep up the great work!!!

andrew

:D
superrune

Post by superrune »

I agree, a Nuke version would be great - the built-in degrainers can't compete with Neat Video!
www.superrune.com
www.toxic.no
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please see the latest news.

Kind regards,
Vlad
Kag122

Post by Kag122 »

Hello,

Wonderful news! Are there any plans to implement a linux version?
If so, what's the timescale?

Thanks.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I hope we will be able to develop a linux version too, later this year.

Vlad
hungrychicken86

Post by hungrychicken86 »

Is there any update on the development of a Linux version of NV for Nuke?
I currently am using Linux via Wine for this product and it would be a massive lifesaver if i could just run it natively on nuke through Linux. Any info would be great.

Thanks! :)
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

There is no update yet. As soon as we have a version that can be used, we will announce it on the website.

Vlad
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please note that the Linux version of the OFX plug-in for Nuke is now available as well.

Vlad