NO FCP 7 is working fine
No votes
TO HELL with you Steve Jobs - I'm using Premere Pro
No votes

Total votes: 3

Rick Moreau

FCP X

Post by Rick Moreau »

Because I'm shooting a 5D, I jumped ship on FCP7 and am using FCP X full time now. Are you working on an upgrade?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Yes, we are working on that.

However, please be prepared that FCPX is more limited than FCP7 and in its current state it cannot correctly run the Neat Video plug-in (the 64-bit build of the plug-in of course). There are two types of issues in FCPX that prevent that: some features existing in FCP7 have been removed in FCPX and some features that continue to exist do contain certain critical bugs that prevent using not only Neat Video but many other more-or-less complex third-party plug-ins as well. We have requested Apple to fix those bugs and to re-introduce the missing features. However, there is no guarantee that they will do that. Bugs will most likely be fixed, but features.. - Apple doesn't tell about their plans. Overall, we do expect that it will eventually become technically possible to use Neat Video directly in FCPX. This at very least requires those FCPX bugs to be fixed. Hopefully in one of the nearest FCPX updates.

There are also some good news. Even though FCPX doesn't currently work for Neat Video, Motion5 does. Motion5 is also 64-bit and it can use the new 64-bit build of the Neat Video plug-in. So, it will soon be possible to run Neat Video in Motion5 (we are preparing an update).

Kind regards,
Vlad
blacksmoke

Post by blacksmoke »

How much would it cost for an upgrade to Motion 5 format ?(I recently purchased the Premiere Pro version)? Thanks
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please contact sales [at] neatvideo.com.

Thank you,
Vlad
blacksmoke

Post by blacksmoke »

I just sent you an email. Thanks for this real quick reply.