Neat Image V 7.0 Features Extended to Neat Video

general questions about Neat Video
gomactrading

Neat Image V 7.0 Features Extended to Neat Video

Post by gomactrading »

Are the Neat Image Features included in V 7.0 going to be extended to the various Neat Video versions ? Particularly interested in Neat Video for Premiere and Neat Video for Virtual Dub.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Which Neat Image features specifically are you interested in?

Thank you,
Vlad
gomactrading

Post by gomactrading »

I think the most important aspect would be the ability to sample 2 or at least 2 areas of the frame to achieve a better grain removal result. I understand that Neat Image does that. I know of at lease one piece of software called Dfine 2.0 made by Nik Software that takes multiple samples of same frame. They do not have a video version but since others can do that I am sure you can do the same.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Neat Video also does that, from the very first version. When you use Auto Profile, it analyzes the main area that you see in the viewer but also the rest of the image, automatically. Neat Video does that all automatically, to not bother user with multiple selections. However if you want to manually select several areas, that is possible too. That is called manual fine-tuning. Neat Video includes dedicated tools to do that. You can find more information about that in the user guide. That may be not easier or better than what Neat Video itself does with Auto Profile alone.

Vlad
gomactrading

Post by gomactrading »

Yes I am familiar with the manual fine tuning. However, I do not see the multiple manual selections option. I can only create 1 rectangle to manually fine tune and of course I read the manual. This is in VirtualDub. I do not know if it works with multiple selection boxes in Premiere, as i did not try.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Manual fine-tuning uses one selection box to consecutively select and analyze several areas. Select area 1 and analyze it using Fine-Tune, then select area 2 and analyze it using Fine-Tune, etc. Therefore, you only need one selection box for that. This is the same in all current versions of Neat Video and Neat Image.

Vlad
gomactrading

Post by gomactrading »

OK, Thank you.