PREMIERE PRO CS5.5 NEAT VIDEO AUTO PROFILING FREEZES 99 %

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
filmmakerjones

PREMIERE PRO CS5.5 NEAT VIDEO AUTO PROFILING FREEZES 99 %

Post by filmmakerjones »

I need help with a problem that arises when ever I try to auto profile a clip in Neat video. The entire program goes to 99%, then nothing happens, all the controls are frozen, and when I try to go back to premiere, Neat Video and premiere fade to white. I continue to click but all I get is and error saying the program is not responding...this has happened several times. Running latest version of Neat Video with 2.7 patch for CS5.5 PLEASE HELP!!!

Running Windows 7 Pro 64 w/Core i7 930, 8 cores, 22 GB RAM, Geforece 250 GTS
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Do you use Bitdefender antivirus?

Vlad
filmmakerjones

Post by filmmakerjones »

Um YEAH...how did you know?!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Bitdefender is known to cause such a problem with Neat Video and other applications. Please disable Bitdefender antivirus completely or selectively for all Neat Video files. This should stop Bitdefender from causing this problem.

Here is an approximate instruction on how to selectively disable it for Neat Video files:

1. Open Bitdefender in expert view (Click on options at top right of Bitdefender window and select expert view)
2. Click on antivirus tab
3. Click on exclusions tab along the top
4. Click on "+" sign, "exclude by file/folder path", "Next" and browse to Neat Video (which is likely here: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS5.5\MediaCore\NeatVideo.prm) and click"Add"
5. Now go back to antivirus "shield" tab
6. Click on "Advanced Settings", then "Exclusions" and "+"
7. Browse to that Neat Video file again and click on "Open" followed by "OK"
8. Restart Premiere and try to use Neat Video now.

Hope this helps,
Vlad
filmmakerjones

Post by filmmakerjones »

I get to execute the action now, but when I exit Neat video and go back to premiere, I still have the program freeze on me. Is there now work around to this? DO I have to "kill" Bitdefender?!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Probably you haven't completed one of the steps inside Bitdefender...

For a test, please uninstall Bitdefender and see if the plug-in and Premiere work correctly.

Thank you,
Vlad