Virtualdub Batch mode does not work

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
heinzio

Virtualdub Batch mode does not work

Post by heinzio »

Hello
I recently updated my version of neat video plug-in for virtualdub to the actual version (2.2 from March 12, 2008). Since then it does not work in Batch-Mode anymore.
When I render a video with NeatVideo in the filter-list it works, but if I save the same file in the "JOBS-List" and start the Job-Mode it says
"Neat Video tried to load noise profile from file: clip profile.
Specified file does not exist on the hard drive."
Below the text is an OK-Button. After OK the Job starts and goes through I do not understand why the filter is having a problem when it works afterwards.

I tried a re-install, set all folders to default but it does not work anymore.
Has anybody an idea what the problem is here?
The version of Virtual dub I am using: 1.7.8 build 28346
Thank you for help
Heinz-Juergen
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

It looks like you have build a noise profile for your clip (by default, a new profile is called "clip profile") but haven't saved it to the hard drive. So, when you run NV from the Jobs list, NV cannot get that unsaved noise profile. Please manually save the profile (choosing a self-explaining file name) when you prepare such a job and then try to run it from the Jobs list. It should work then.

Vlad
heinzio

Why did it work before?

Post by heinzio »

OK I understand. But it worked before without saving each noise profile manually by self-explaining name. Does this mean, Neat Video did use the same noise profile each time before when I started a job-list?
Thx
Heinz-Juergen
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I think it used the most recently used profile, which is not necessarily what you want it to do. To be sure NV uses the correct profile you have to save that profile to the disk so that NV knew where to find the profile when working in the Jobs list. So it is in fact good that there is that error message now, it gives a hint that something is not right.

Vlad
heinzio

Alright

Post by heinzio »

I see
I think I will get used to that.
Thx for the fast reply
Heinz-Juergen
Andrisim

Post by Andrisim »

I have read this post but am still not sure as to the 100% correct procedure when setting up Batch processing in VD.

When you say "save the profile" so that NV "knows where to find the profile" - what exactly do you mean when you say this? (this seems a very vague instruction for operating a computer).

I have read in another thread about this topic that for Batch processing in VD it is necessary to save a noise profile for each clip.
My question now is : Is it enough to save the profile during the configuring step - or do I need to actually re-load after saving to ensure it is the profile that VD will use?
I ask this because : How can I be sure that the default noise profile is not being used by VD?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

If you save the noise profile (using the Profile > Save as... menu item) when configuring the filter, the plug-in will know that is must load the profile from that file. Save every noise profile with a unique name and the instances of the filter will use the different noise profiles. If you save it with one common name from different instances then they will all use the same file. The plug-in remembers the file name of the profile after you save it (or load it). When you do Batch processing, the names of those profiles (their file names) are specified in the script so by checking the script you can verify which profiles are actually used.

Vlad