Neat Video community Forum Index
www.neatvideo.com
Neat Video community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FCP 7.0.3 Crash Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Bugs, issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoorel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: FCP 7.0.3 Crash Problem Reply with quote

Hey guys and gals,

I keep having a crash of my FCP on my I5 iMac with 4g RAM and a 1tb HD. It happens during rendering of a sequence. For some reason, if two clips on separate video tracks are overlapping, FCP crashes and the error dialogue states that Neat Video was the culprit.

If I go back through my sequence and make sure that no clip is overlapping another and re-render then it completes the render and I can move on to grading and other filters. It doesn't matter what the source material is, it happens with all of video types.

This is becoming more of a problem because I cannot do crossfades and other transitions with footage on different tracks because it is sure to crash.

I shoot primarily with Nikon D90/5000 and a Sony HVR-A1U and have saved so much footage using Neat Video. But I have also lost quite a few choice edits and sequences due to hitting CMD-R to render instead of CMD-S to save first.

Any ideas?
NVTeam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The general solution to such kind of problems is the following:
1) please prepare a small test project that allows to reproduce a crash when you open this project in FCP and render;
2) e-mail the test project (zip the project and all files it uses into a single zip file) to support [at] neatvideo.com;
3) we will receive the test project, run it on our computers, reproduce the crash, determine the cause and find a solution or prepare a fix.

Thank you,
Vlad
hoorel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may have figured it out... I do all my editing in ProRes422 and I have multiple sources... I found that by taking the Temporal Filter Radius down to 1 or 0, the transitions will render without it crashing. I havent checked that out with the overlapping of the clips.

I am running 2 different sources. I am running a Sony HVR-A1U (very NOISY) in 1920x1080, and a D90 at 1280x720 on a 1280x720 23.98 sequence. I have converted both sources to ProRes422 and have no problem rendering everything else from a D90 rescaler to Magic Bullet Looks, but I noticed that the A1U footage is so noisy that I had moved the Temporal Filter Radius up to 3 or 4 to help out what was a lost cause of noisy video.

By dropping that back to 1 or 0 like I said, the clip rendered fine. I guess I will have to live with some noise. But my low light D90 footage looks FANTASTIC! By far your noise reduction is the best money I've ever spent.

I will post back here if I have any problems with overlapping clips and the above mentioned is not the culprit.

Thank you again!
NVTeam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may still be a bug or something like that. If we could reliably reproduce it on our computers using a test project then we could most likely find and fix it and then you would be able to render with any radius.

If you can please send a small test project.

Thank you,
Vlad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Bugs, issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: