Neat Video in Vegas Pro 9

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
gdbruny

Neat Video in Vegas Pro 9

Post by gdbruny »

G'day,

I have a couple of scripted drama scenes in which it was later discovered auto GAIN had mistakenly 'crept' into the vision.

Have since tried your Neat Video Demo and while the vision correction aspect seems to work well, the actor's dialogue dropped out of synch.
How can this aspect be avoided or corrected?

Regarding the Area Uniformity aspect: Can this be made to include all frame in, when acquiring a profile reading?

Do any of the above questions apply to a particular version of your Neat Video product? My purchase, of a version, would depend on whether the extremely important lip-synch problem can be corrected.

Thanks, in appreciation.

GD Bruny.
Melbourne, Australia.
NVTeam

Re: Neat Video in Vegas Pro 9

Post by NVTeam »

gdbruny wrote:while the vision correction aspect seems to work well, the actor's dialogue dropped out of synch.How can this aspect be avoided or corrected?
Please try to enable the "No Lag Mode" option in the filter settings.
gdbruny wrote:Regarding the Area Uniformity aspect: Can this be made to include all frame in, when acquiring a profile reading?
For which purpose? Please clarify.

Thank you,
Vlad
gdbruny

Post by gdbruny »

The "No Lag Mode" cures the dialogue-synch problem.

Regarding the Area Uniformity aspect:-

When profiling a given clip's vision, to remove unwanted gain, I get a message, saying: "Frame too small to find a uniform area...". The differing elements, withing a given frame, will only allow me to process up to 50%; in my case, a plain backgound and not the actor/s included. Although there hasw been a significant reduction in the unwanted gain, partial gain still exists. Should the same process be repeated, until the vision becomes entirely clean?

Thanks, in anticipation.

GD Bruny.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

gdbruny wrote:I get a message, saying: "Frame too small to find a uniform area...".
How large is the frame in pixels in that moment, what size is displayed below the viewer in NV at that time? Does that size match the size of the actual clip (or perhas Vegas has provided NV with a smaller version of the frame)?
gdbruny wrote:The differing elements, withing a given frame, will only allow me to process up to 50%; in my case, a plain backgound and not the actor/s included.
I am not sure I follow, please clarify.

Thank you,
Vlad
gdbruny

Post by gdbruny »

I am not sure I follow, please clarify.

Clothed actors in light and shadow. They are against a background with separate, graduating light. NV tells me I can only select a portion of the frame's content when attempting to profile. That portion is up to 50% of the clip's frame; depending on which shot I try profiling.

How large is the frame in pixels in that moment,

PROJECT: 720 x 576
DISPLAY: 470 x 350 x 32

what size is displayed below the viewer in NV at that time?

360 x 222

Does that size match the size of the actual clip.

No, it doesn't.

(or perhas Vegas has provided NV with a smaller version of the frame)?

Thanks, in anticipation.

GD Bruny.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Smaller size of the frame inside NV is not good. It is smaller because Vegas provided a smaller resolution version of the frame instead of the full resolution. Please adjust the preview quality in Vegas, there is a control for that, around the viewer.

Vlad
gdbruny

Post by gdbruny »

A smaller frame-size / preview quality has since been applied.
Profiling capability is up from 50% to 73%. A discernible background smear is present, in place of the grain, when viewing a monitor very close up. Nevertheless, the once grainy vision is now acceptable.

With thanks, in appreciation.

GD Bruny.
Melbourne, Australia.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I would also double-check that the area used for profiling (selected by Auto Profile) contains only noise and no actual details. This is critical to avoid details loss.

Vlad