Preview is not corrects. Problems with rings after noise rem

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
mitja2

Preview is not corrects. Problems with rings after noise rem

Post by mitja2 »

I have a flat colored wall example, where after noise removal, rings appear because of GRADIENT on the wall.

Normaly those rings are removed with ADDING grain. In this case, I would probably need to leave some noise in the scene. Am I right?

But the problem is, that rings are not seen in the NV preview windows, where you set up the amounts of the effect.

Rings DO appear in preview window of PREMIERE, rendered or not, and also on final rendered project on FULL HD TV.

ALL images are seen at
http://www.media-design.si/rings.html
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please send a small test project with a short (1-2 seconds) clip to support [at] neatvideo.com

We will run the project on our test machines and will check what is causing the banding.

It is possible that the problem is related to the output codec used in the project.

Vlad
mitja2

Post by mitja2 »

Ok, I will send it. Thanx!
I doubt that is the codec, since the preview in Premiere has nothing to do with codec, and FINAL RENDER for HD TV was made with multiple export options / codecs:
- h.264 MP4 (highest quality render checked)
- MPEG2 blue-ray
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Also, which version of Premiere is it?

Vlad
mitja2

Post by mitja2 »

CS5 64-bit
mitja2

Post by mitja2 »

I found out that I CAN NOT send you project file, since the original clip (m2ts file) is 50 MB big. Even if I cut it in premiere, I would still need to send you the original file with the project.
Any suggestions?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I will send you an e-mail.

Vlad
mitja2

Post by mitja2 »

WOUU!
When prepering the project for you I found out what the problem is and it is not in your plugin! Sorry....

Rings appear, because I have Contrast and Shadow/highlight plugins AFTER NV and that makes rings visible. If I turne them off, rings disapear.

Sorry again.

Now I have to find the solution, how to make picture look good without gettings "the rings". :)
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Interesting. Thank you for letting me know!

Vlad