Neat Video community Forum Index
www.neatvideo.com
Neat Video community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setting Correct Aspect Ratio in Preview Window

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defonfed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Setting Correct Aspect Ratio in Preview Window Reply with quote

I just installed NV and opened in Adobe PRE Elements 8. My project is standard DV setings with 4:3 aspect ratio, but the NV window only shows a 16:9 clip image - it makes no difference which option I choose in zoom preferences - it remains 16:9, and right behind it in the PRE window, the same clip image is 4:3 as it was shot...how do I get the NV clip image to show 4:3? Thanks in advance!
NVTeam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does NV say about the size in pixels of that frame (see the bottom of the NV viewer)? Field or frame?
phase52010

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVTeam wrote:
What does NV say about the size in pixels of that frame (see the bottom of the NV viewer)? Field or frame?

Just ordered a full version of the Home edition of NV. Meanwhile, while playing with the demo version I also get the same thing.

In the preview window the 720x 576 video appears "squashed down", as described in the first post in the thread.

NV says: "Field 720x288 8-bit RGB"; which explains why it looks the way it looks, but why is it displaying 720x288 ??

The source material is interlaced 25fps 720x576 according to Final Cut.

Many Thanks.
NVTeam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because interlaced video stream consists of 720x288 fields and Neat Video works on fields (when processing interlaced streams), so it must show a field to do correct processing.

Vlad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: