FCP 5 user, what should I do?

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
mr_goodbomb

FCP 5 user, what should I do?

Post by mr_goodbomb »

I use FCP 5. I don't intend to upgrade. I have edited an entire feature on FCP 5, it's going through color correct, and some of the shots need the noise cleaned up. So, I want to run some it through Neat Video, however I have read it doesn't work with FCP 5. So, what external program would be easiest to run it through, the smallest learning curve, to export the uncompressed video to Neat Video in another program, clean it up, export it back to FCP, and use that in the end product of the film?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

The easiest would be VirtualDub, but that is for Windows only. If you have a Windows machine it can be a solution. On Mac, perhaps you can download After Effects, Premiere Pro or even a simplified version of FCP7 (Final Cut Express) and use one of them in trial mode to process the footage? They usually offer about 30 days of trial.

Hope this helps,
Vlad
mr_goodbomb

Post by mr_goodbomb »

Which would be the easiest to use for someone with zero experience with those other programs? I don't want to risk running two different copies of Final Cut on this machine, so it'd have to be After Effects or Premiere.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

After Effects and Premiere are about the same. Perhaps AE then?

Vlad