pre rendering with neat video

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
mathewlisett

pre rendering with neat video

Post by mathewlisett »

ok so i set the pre rending going and before i went to sleep last night it had just over 2.3 hours to go.

i wake up and i see its back doing some previous scenes...how ever seems to be goign faster and now has just over 3 hours to render.

does pre render do a 2 pass render. Or is there soemthign i dont know.

Is this how the nise filter works, by rendering several times and getting quicker each time to adjust what the user has set for perfection?

useing AE CS5
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

No, there is no prerendering in NV itself. It is all about AE, it is doing something.

Vlad
mathewlisett

Post by mathewlisett »

ok so are you able to tell me what E is doing then.

becuase otheriwse ill have no clue if its doing 20 passes being 1 week or if after 1 hour it will be done?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I have no idea either. AE is saying it is doing prerendering, so it is AE who is doing that for some purpose and for some reason. I would ask AE support to explain that. Also, perhaps the AE documentation provides some insight.

Vlad
jalneal

Post by jalneal »

It is likely that when you are rendering the video it is set for VBR 2 Pass. VBR 2 pass renders a much better quality, but it goes through forward and then back through in reverse. When I dont have the time, or if its not a very high level production, I just do it one pass.