neat and drdivx

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
Trooly

neat and drdivx

Post by Trooly »

hi! i've tried the nv for vdub filter and was impressed by q, although speed is hardly above 1fps with 3 frames lookup.

my question; i'm using drdivx 1.060 and there is a possibility to put vdub filter in a special directory where these can to be use in encoding process.

well, most of the filters work with drdivx, yet nv trial does NOT.

q: any possibility that registered verson will work ok with drdivx?

q: in a multipass encoding - hope that 2nd pass does not require nv filter to make the same work again... how to avoid it?

tia!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Hi,

Unfortunately I have no direct experience with drdivx (BTW, it seems to be not available for download at divx website now) so I cannot confirm whether any edition of NV plug-in would work in it. I hope we can count on other forum members who have first hand experience with drdivx.

Regarding multipass encoding, it would probably make sense to reduce noise once and save the filtered output without compression or using lossless compression and then proceed to compress (for example, in multiple passes) this clean version of the footage.

Hope this helps.
Vlad
Trooly

Post by Trooly »

hi vlad!

thanks for the prompt aw - i was afraid that a mid-step; saving uncompressed file is a must. and yikes i need new 500gb drive again...
btw. do you know any decent "fast" lossless codec having at least some compression and not taking ages again for each frame do decompress?

as for the drdivx: it was quite a nice tool before divx murdered it for/with some drag and drop tool with no tweaking possibilities at all...
if you are really keen to meet drdivx (you can play with resizing automatic aspect ratios, cropping, bitrate, encoding speed etc. two pass, calculator included etc.).

google for "drdivx106" or just go to:
http://www.filesearching.com/cgi-bin/s? ... =f&d=&l=en

ad filter: usually you just put vd filter in a dedicated subdirectory and it works. but if you copy there a filter that does not work in some case, drdivx won't start at all!)

thanks again, i'll try to find someone with a credit card to purchase your nice filter (it's the part i hate the most, 'cause i dont want to owe a credit card...).

cheers!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Trooly,

Thank you, I have found a copy of drdivx and I can see what is causing the problem - drdivx doesn't show the preview window the way VirtualDub does, so Neat Video plug-in cannot use that window and as a result the intra-frame is not fully functional, only temporal filter works to some extent. We will look into this to check whether NV can be adjusted to make it work in drdivx.

Regarding lossless compression, you may want to test Lagarith lossless video codec.

As for purchase and credit cards, there are also other payment methods supported by our seller (SWREG). You will find the complete list once you start placing an order.

Hope this helps.
Vlad