Cleaning "Line-Pairing" Noise??

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
snivlle

Cleaning "Line-Pairing" Noise??

Post by snivlle »

Hello.

I've been very pleased, for the most part, with the results that NV Premiere Pro plug-in has been providing. However, I have a piece of 26 year old PAL footage that has some very severe "line-pairing" noise through it. For those who don't know, these are thin, horizontal white lines.

Is there some method of removing, or at least lessening, this from the footage? Is NeatVideo capable of doing this for me? I've already tried, but it didn't seem to work. The noise profile that I gave it to work with did contain some line-pairing.

Here is another question:

How reliable is the adaptive mode? Would adaptive mode help to remove this type of noise? If NV is not designed for this type of video noise reduction, is there some other recommended Premiere Pro or VirtualDub filter that can do it?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Hello,

Regarding the "line-pairing noise", it would be great to see an example of it. Probably it is not random noise NV is designed to work with.

Regarding the adaptive mode, it is intended to help NV adjust its filters to noise that is changing over time in the video sequence you work with. If you build a noise profile using a frame from one part of the sequence and another part contains slightly stronger or weaker noise then NV can automatically adjust itself when the adaptive filtration is enabled.

It would be great to see an example of your "line-pairing noise". If you posted here a link to a sample file then we and other NV users could try to suggest something.

Thank you,
Vlad