Can someone help me with some footage, please? I'm new.

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
Steve C

Can someone help me with some footage, please? I'm new.

Post by Steve C »

I have tried creating a noise profile and the noise is reduced. Since there are many comments in this forum about how good the filter is, I suspect that I am not using it properly since the noise is not eliminated and I think that I now also have some blurring. I have increased the radius to 5 to see if this helps, but the problem still exists.

If one views at "TV distance" things are not too bad, but up close on either a computer monitor or up close to a TV, the image does not look as good as I suspect that it can.

Would someone be willing to look at a clip and make recommendations?

Thanks,
Steve
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I recommend to concentrate on making the noise profile built correctly. An inaccurate profile is a likely reason of the problems you describe.
Please review the recommendations regarding profiling available in the user guide, try to manually select the analysis area and check the filtration results. This will help you master profiling, which is the key to quality filtration.

Vlad
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for the fast response. I have tried profile according to the instructions and the advice that I have seen in this forum. This is why I am inquiring here. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I am looking for a frame that has the largest contiguous area without detail.

Would it be helpful if you saw the frame that I am using for the profile build and a short segment of the clip with the filter applied?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

It is important to use a large area without details. It is even more important that that area does contain some visible noise, so that Auto Profile would have some noise sample to analyse.

If you can post a frame and highlight the area you use for Auto Profile, I will check if it is good for profiling.

Thank you,
Vlad
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Can I email the image to you? Or, could you tell me how to post the image here? I don't have a website that I can post to.

Thanks,
Steve[/img]
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Yes, please e-mail it to support [at] neatvideo.com

Thank you,
Vlad