AF CS4 on MAC darkens image on render.

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
jgkovatch

AF CS4 on MAC darkens image on render.

Post by jgkovatch »

Hey all,

I'm getting a weird issue, my final renders out of after effects are substantially darker then the original. In after effects I can see the degrainer working its magic and it looks great, but when I render out the videos are darker. I'm losing a lot of definition in the video its quite frustrating because the loss of quality doesn't show up until after I render.

Any ideas on what is causing this dramatic change in brightness?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

It may be an encoding issue. Please try to isolate the problem by eliminating the elements (like unnecessary filters or effects) of the workflow that do not affect the outcome (darkening, losing resolution). Please try to vary the elements that cannot be eliminated (like change from one codec to another, or change one input clip type to another). If you can reliably reproduce the issue in a very simple test project with a small test clip please send such a test project to support [at] neatvideo.com, we will run it on our test computers. Please also specify all the hardware/software parameters using the bug report form.

Thank you,
Vlad
stefanavalos

Post by stefanavalos »

I am noticing the exact same issue with FCP7: The picture looks fine when previewing but when rendering, it comes out dark. I have tried uncompressed, dv compressed and pro res. This is with standard def footage that was DVNTSC as well as prores edited.

there are no other filters applied. all setttings are default.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Could you send a small test project allowing to reproduce the issue to support [at] neatvideo.com please? We would render the project on our test machine, reproduce the problem and find out the causes.

Thank you,
Vlad